Science is an early stage company developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
Science is looking for a lab manager / research associate enthusiastic about helping to develop therapeutics on the interface of cell biology and medical devices. Candidates can look forward to helping set up and scale a focused research program in collaboration with a world-class team of scientists and engineers with diverse technical backgrounds. As a very early-stage company, we are looking for candidates who want to have a significant impact on the company’s progress with the opportunity for growth. Ideal candidates will have extensive laboratory experience, expertise in cell culture, are intensely organized and motivated to solve problems in advance of them actually becoming problems.
- Manage all aspects of laboratory operations, including equipment sourcing, maintenance, inventory, safety and training programs, and technical operations
- Create and maintain systems to organize and streamline laboratory operations
- Perform cell culture experiments and maintenance
- Perform molecular biology, cell biology, and/or microscopy experiments as needed
- At least 1-2 years hands on laboratory experience in a biology laboratory environment
- Hands-on experience in cell culture and expertise in basic cell culture operations including sterile technique, passaging, feeding, cryopreservation, etc
- Intense organizational drive
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to clairvoyantly predict future problems and solve them in advance
- Software is your friend, not your nemesis
- Experience with primary cell culture
- Experience working with organoids
- Experience working with mice
- Experience with microscopy
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.