Schweiger Dermatology Group, a leader in the field of dermatology practice with multiple locations throughout New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania is searching for an experienced Senior Accountant to join our corporate office in Long Island City, NY full time.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for various accounting transactions and processes within the accounting department, including reviewing income statement and balance sheet accounts, performing analyses and recording transactions in the General Ledger (GL). In addition, the Senior Accountant will supervise a staff accountant in recording all Cash transactions, reconciling bank accounts to the GL, transferring funds between the company’s various bank accounts. Also, as part of the month end close prepare work papers and supporting schedules for various balance sheet accounts including bank debt, all prepaid and fixed asset and accumulated depreciation and amortization accounts, prepaid expenses, inventory reconciliations, and recording practice acquisition entries. Income statement areas of responsibility include recording of interest expenses, vendor rebates, Cost of Product Sales across 60 offices, credit card fees and expenses, and other important GL accounts. Ensure that all deliverables comply with internal accounting and professional standards. Provide support and assistance to the Assistant Controller and Controller regarding external audit compliance. Assist with accounting and general ledger projects as well as special projects assigned by management.
- Manage and perform monthly account analysis and record monthly accounting entries for the following asset, liability, and expense accounts:
- Cash and Cash equivalents, and all bank account reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly Management Fee invoices, inter-company payables and receivables and monthly elimination entries
- Fixed assets, leasehold improvements, depreciation and amortization entries and schedules
- Miscellaneous Accounts Receivable entries and invoices to selected customers
- Payroll entries, payroll accruals, allocations and re-classifications
- Processing and recording of interest payments to lenders and note holders
- Recording of inventory, Cost of Goods Sold and related reconciliations
- Track prepayments and prepaid expenses, and record expenses in the appropriate accounting periods
- Record practice acquisition entries using Purchase Accounting rules including Goodwill, seller notes and related fixed assets and inventories
- Record various expense allocations including credit card fees, medical insurance expenses, IT expenses and other expense types
- Perform special projects and analyses for the CFO, Controller and Assistant Controller as requested.
- Assist Payroll team in recording semi-monthly payroll entries and reviewing monthly expenses for proper accounting treatment and distribution to departments and medical practices
- Ensure all payroll and provider productivity accruals are recorded accurately in the GL
- Assist Payroll team in the analysis of monthly variances to compensation, benefits and payroll tax expenses
- Assist Accounts Payable in vendor invoice coding and recording of wire transfers, ACH payments, credit card payments, and journal entries impacting Accounts Payable.
- Assist in the export of credit card transactions from Concur and import of transactions into the Accounts Payable module of Multiview and ensure AP and the GL are properly reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Assist AP in recording voided and stale checks and the write-off of old AP transactions on a semi-monthly basis.
Professional and Personal Development:
- Pursue professional development opportunities to learn and keep abreast of accounting and financial reporting changes that effect the company’s business within the healthcare industry. Develop and strengthen computer, Excel and GL skills to improve and simplify monthly and ongoing job responsibilities.
- Pursue personal development opportunities that may improve your supervisory, planning, organization, time management, and communications skills.
- 5 to 10 years of Accounting experience with a thorough understanding of Accounting principles and practices, preferably in a rapid growth, medium size company
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience, both professional and clerical staff management.
- BS in Accounting from an accredited college or university; Masters, MBA and/or CPA preferred but not required
- High level of professional and ethical conduct.
- Detailed oriented, meticulous and thoroughness in completing job responsibilities and assignments.
- Timeliness in completing assignments and flexibility to work overtime as needed to meet departmental and company goals and objectives.
- Exceptional computer skills, advanced Excel skills, and Outlook
- Exceptional Accounting Systems experience in mid-range accounting systems, including report writing and design skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills – verbal and written
- Motivated, willingness to learn
- Willing and able to work late during the month-end close, reporting and analysis timeframe, during interim and year-end audit, and for special projects
Schweiger Dermatology Group, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its hiring process with applicants, whether internal or external, because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class per local, state or federal law.