Schweiger Dermatology Group, a leader in the field of dermatology practice with multiple locations throughout New York and New Jersey, is searching for an experienced Senior Payroll Specialist to join our corporate office in Long Island City, NY.
- Perform all duties necessary to process multi-state semi-monthly salary and hourly payroll, commission payments, bonus payments, special payments and taxable fringe benefits
- Audit employee time records submitted through employee self-service, including exception time to ensure employees are accurately paid
- Prepare special payments, complex pay and payroll deduction calculations ensuring compliance with company policies, and federal and state regulations
- Assist employees and management with questions, concerns or requests regarding payroll including properly applying technical knowledge and skills, communicating and listening effectively
- Prepare and process paid time off adjustments as needed
- Prepare and process stop payments, void checks, direct deposit reversals and overpayment collections in accordance with company, federal, state regulations
- Develop and maintain general ledger (GL) mapping from ADP and UltiPro to the general ledger (GL)
- Record monthly payroll accrual entries
- Review and analyze monthly changes in salary, wages, taxes, and benefit expenses
- Prepare monthly reports and analyses of payroll expenses and liabilities
- Partner with the human resources team to ensure payroll and related deductions are accurate and be able to identify any errors/discrepancies
- Review benefits related invoices from vendors and reconcile the invoices to associated payroll deductions
- 2 – 5 years of payroll experience in a small or medium sized, high growth, multi-entity organization
- 2 – 5 years of payroll software/processing experience to include preparing and recording payroll entries into ADP and UltiPro
- 2 – 5 years of experience with Microsoft Excel to include building and maintaining spreadsheets, using complex formulas, utilizing linked spreadsheets, and preparing user friendly reports
- General ledger (GL) experience required
- Highly proficient in building and preparing payroll reports and analyses
- Proficient accounting skills with a thorough understanding of payroll accounting entries and accruals
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills (required)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively across the organization as well as with our external payroll vendors
- Undergraduate degree in accounting (required)
- ADP and UltiPro payroll software experience is highly desired.
- Applicants with UltiPro implementation experience will be considered first
Salary between $60,000 – 65,000 depending on experience.
Schweiger Dermatology Group, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its hiring process with applicants, whether internal or external, because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class per local, state or federal law.