We’re seeking a Materials Science Applications Scientist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
Schrödinger is a science and technology leader with over 30 years of experience providing solutions for atomic-scale modeling and physics-based chemical simulations.
As part of our European Materials Science Applications Science team, you’ll work closely with our industrial and academic and help solve challenging scientific problems.
Who will love this job:
- A computer-aided materials science enthusiast (both in theory and application) who has solid experience in design and analysis of materials or complex chemicals based on atomistic simulations
- An excellent communicator and presenter with superb organizational skills
- A dedicated scientist interested in advancing materials science research
- A creative collaborator who enjoys helping others solve problems
- A self-motivated team player who can also conduct independent research
What you’ll do:
- Provide scientific support to current and prospective customers, which includes scientific presentations, demonstrating our materials science modelling platform, training, and working with customers to enable them to solve challenging scientific and engineering problems
- Act as a critical link between our customers and Schrödinger software developers, sales, and marketing by providing feedback on technology requirements, feature enhancements, and use-case scenarios
- Publish scientific papers and present at conferences
What you should have:
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Materials Science, Engineering, Physics, or a related field
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- A broad knowledge of molecular modeling theory and applications; extensive experience with the application of at least one of the following groups of simulation methods for materials or complex chemicals:
- Quantum mechanics
- Classical molecular dynamics
- Coarse-grained simulations
- Enthusiasm for traveling to meetings at customer sites
- Excellent English language skills (both verbal and written)
Preferred skills and background:
- Experience with applying machine/deep learning, chemical informatics, and data analysis in materials science research
- Post-doctoral research and/or relevant experience in the commercial sector
- Python programming experience
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.