We’re seeking a Software Developer to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
As a member of our Scientific Infrastructure team, you’ll play a key role in maintaining and expanding the core chemistry libraries that underlie tools across the Schrödinger suite.
Who will love this job:
- A programmer who’s excited about writing performant code to calculate fundamental chemistry concepts
- A detail-oriented developer who values software engineering - aka software quality through time
- An excellent written communicator who can design clear APIs
What you’ll do:
- Work on Schrödinger’s core C++ and Python libraries
- Contribute publicly to industry-wide open source projects like RDKit and openbabel
- Collaborate with scientific product teams across departments and disciplines
- Maintain the integrity of our current tools while writing new tools to accelerate progress in our product groups
What you should have:
- Experience with C++
- Preferred past contribution to any open-source project
- Some familiarity with writing code in a professional environment (we’d prefer someone with a few years of industry experience)
- Cheminformatics background is a plus
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Estimated base salary range (NYC only): $120,000 - $145,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.