Schrödinger, a scientific software company serving researchers worldwide in commercial and academic institutions, seeks a Content Marketing Manager in our New York, NY or Boston, MA office.
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials.
As a member of our Marketing team, you’ll have the opportunity to drive content marketing efforts for both our life science and materials science business.
Who will love this job:
- An experienced B2B marketing professional with an editorial mindset who seeks to understand what scientific audiences consume and how to create it
- A clear, effective storyteller with the ability to communicate with a broad range of audiences, both verbally and in writing
- A skilled project manager who can juggle priorities and work productively with counterparts in a cross-functional capacity
- A results-oriented marketer who can analyze and present content performance with a focus on driving traffic, leads, and sales
What you’ll do:
- Craft interesting, high-quality science articles, web copy, white papers, blogs, email marketing messages, case studies, presentation content, and social media content
- Serve as an exemplary writer, consistent with our company’s tone and mission; demonstrated ability to write clean, concise, well-polished copy
- Create a content strategy that supports developing thought leadership, driving awareness and traffic, nurturing leads, and closing sales
- Edit content produced by the marketing team, including conceptualizing the projects upfront, assigning projects and overseeing development and copyediting prior to publishing
- Build and maintain an editorial calendar and written guidelines
- Continuously measure and improve content performance
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and customer challenges in order to build a more effective content strategy and editorial calendar
- Work closely with senior leaders, marketing teammates, and other departments to create effective communications strategies that articulate our value propositions properly and consistently
- Interact with Marketing Managers, graphic designers and internal team members to create and review all content and ensure consistent message
- Perform annual content audit and inventory analysis in partnership with communications team
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field
- 5+ years of content marketing or direct copywriting experience in life science or materials science industries
- Excellent written skills for online and print; Strong knowledge of content marketing strategy and channels