Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with companies like Takeda, Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials.
We are looking for talented infrastructure developers to work on our collaboration platform, LiveDesign, an enterprise application built using React on the front end and Java on the back end. This platform enables the execution and analysis of quantum simulations, machine learning models, and other computational methods. It's used in diverse industries from drug researchers seeking to cure disease to materials designers in the fields of organic electronics, polymer science, and other areas.
Who will love this job:
- A skilled software engineer who’s excited by the prospect of developing and deploying web services with containerization technologies (specifically Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, and Tilt)
- A modern infrastructure operations/automation tools expert who enjoys server virtualization, deployment automation, and continuous integration and testing
- A passionate *nix system operator who understands process limits, devices, networking, and systems administration
- An excellent verbal and written communicator
What you’ll do:
- Work with various application teams to develop and automate the systems that build, test, deploy, and monitor our development and production environments
- Assist in troubleshooting infrastructure-related issues that come up "in the wild"
- Design and develop our internal infrastructure services, primarily written with Python/Django
- Exercise your own judgment (along with support from teammates) to architect and implement robust, secure, and maintainable solutions
What you should have:
- Over three years of relevant experience
- Understanding of container technologies such as Docker, Podman, and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Bash, etc