Schrödinger, a science and technology leader with 30 years of experience providing solutions for atomic-scale modeling and physics-based chemical simulations, seeks a Software Engineer to improve and maintain the code of our enterprise products.
As a member of the LiveDesign team, you’ll join a group of passionate engineers, entrepreneurs, scientists, and tinkerers in their efforts to develop a rich web application that allows scientists to leverage the power of Schrödinger’s software platform. Using your love for software development and eye for coding quality, you will play an essential role in revolutionizing the design of novel therapeutics and materials.
Who will love this job:
- A skilled software engineer who’s excited by the prospect of developing and deploying web services with containerization technologies (specifically Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, and Tilt)
- A modern infrastructure operations/automation tools expert who enjoys server virtualization, deployment automation, and continuous integration and testing
- A passionate *nix system operator who understands process limits, devices, networking, and systems administration
- Anyone who enjoys Capture the Flags or other technical puzzles
- An excellent verbal and written communicator
What you’ll do:
- Work with various application teams to develop and automate the systems that build, test, deploy, and monitor our development and production environments
- Assist in troubleshooting infrastructure-related issues that come up "in the wild"
- Design and develop our internal infrastructure services, primarily written with Python/Django
- Exercise your own judgment (along with support from teammates) to architect and implement robust, secure, and maintainable solutions
What you should have:
- Over three years of experience in development, infrastructure, and/or systems administration
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Bash, etc
- Understanding of container technologies such as Docker, Podman, and Kubernetes