We’re looking to hire an Associate Systems Administrator to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with companies like Takeda, Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials.
As a member of our IT and Operations team, you’ll play a crucial role in the maintenance and development of Schrödinger’s infrastructure. By building solutions in a highly collaborative environment, you’ll help scientists accelerate their research and development activities, reduce costs, and make novel discoveries that wouldn’t otherwise be possible. We’re looking to hire someone with a strong systems background who understands not only what to do, but why to do it.
Who will love this job:
- A Linux aficionado who’s also familiar with Mac and Windows
- A systems architecture and troubleshooting whiz
- An automation fanatic with great Python/bash skills
- An innovator who’s willing to take initiative
- An excellent communicator and team-player who enjoys working face-to-face with a dynamic team and company
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain modern IT infrastructure in AWS, GCP and ESX
- Linux system administration using Ansible, Salt and Git
- Utilize modern directory infrastructure tech such as SAML, Okta, LDAP and AD
- Answer JIRA tickets from Schrödinger scientists and developers
- Work with senior IT team members on new project implementations
- Develop effective working relationships with team, internal customers, and staff
What you’ll need:
- Systems administration background in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with Python/bash
- 2+ years of IT experience working with internal clients directly
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with team, clients, and staff
- Ability to make contacts with other departments on matters requiring discussion, timing, and strategy