We’re looking to hire a Senior Systems Administrator to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with companies like Takeda, Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials.
As a member of our IT and Operations team, you’ll play a crucial role in the maintenance and development of Schrödinger’s infrastructure. By building solutions in a highly collaborative environment, you’ll help scientists accelerate their research and development activities, reduce costs, and make novel discoveries that wouldn’t otherwise be possible. We’re looking to hire someone with a strong systems background who understands not only what to do, but why to do it.
Who will love this job:
- A Linux aficionado who’s also experienced in Mac and Windows
- A DevOps expert with great communication skills
- A systems architecture and troubleshooting whiz
- An automation fanatic with great Python/bash skills
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain modern IT infrastructure on premise and in GCP
- Linux system administration using Ansible, Salt, and Git
- Utilize modern directory infrastructure tech such as SAML, Okta, LDAP, and AD
- Answer help requests from Schrödinger scientists and developers
- Onboard and mentor junior IT team members
- Influence and lead project implementation to help determine company direction
What you’ll need:
- Strong systems administration background in a Linux environment
- Proficiency in Python/bash
- Experience with DevOps principles, Monitoring, and Observability
- At least five years of IT experience
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with team, clients, and staff
- Ability to make contacts with other departments on matters requiring discussion, timing, and strategy