We’re looking to hire a Materials Science Education Specialist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is a science and technology leader with over 25 years of experience developing software solutions for quantum mechanics, molecular dynamics, and machine learning-based chemical simulation and prediction.
Who will love this job:
- A chemist or materials scientist who is enthusiastic about molecular modeling for materials science applications
- A design thinker capable of tackling discrete and big picture projects
- An excellent communicator, writer, and presenter with superb organizational skills and problem-solving abilities
- A strong team player who is self-motivated and manages their own time well
- A creative people person who enjoys helping others solve problems
- An adept educator with a deep understanding of scientific pedagogy
- A proficient user of video editing software
- A skilled planner who enjoys event coordination and outreach
What you’ll do:
- Create and update content for tutorials, workshops, and online courses across all research areas of our materials science offerings
- Provide pre- and post-sales software support and training, including demonstration of optimal use of our materials science software
- Work closely with product managers, application scientists and software developers to learn and then communicate the functionality of new tools
- Train experimental chemists and materials scientists in introductory materials modeling concepts
What you should have:
- A degree in chemistry, materials science, physics or a related field
- Experience with the application of at least one of the following groups of simulation methods for materials science or chemistry:
- Molecular dynamics
- Coarse-grained simulations
- Quantum mechanics
- Machine/deep learning, chemical informatics, and data analysis
- Experience with teaching scientific concepts to a broad audience
- An openness to travel
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
In addition to a resume in PDF format, please provide a cover letter explaining why you think you would be a great fit for the Education team. We will not consider any applications that do not include this cover letter.