We’re seeking a Data Scientist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
As a member of our Drug Discovery Data team, you’ll join a group of around a hundred designers, modelers, computational/medicinal chemists, crystallographers, biochemists, and biologists. You can also expect to be supported by more than a hundred software developers and engineers. With their help, you’ll play a key role in ensuring that our computational platform can accelerate the discovery and development of new medicines for patients with unmet needs. Check out our pipeline here!
Who will love this job:
- A proficient Python programmer who’s familiar data analysis packages like Bioconductor, Pandas, or BioPython
- An accomplished engineer who’s worked with NGS data sets and understands processing pipelines
- A pharmacogenomics or functional genomics expert who has used public genomic data resources like Cosmic and/or DepMap
- An excellent technical communicator who has used data visualization tools like R Studio Connect and/or Dash
What you’ll do:
- Prepare and maintain genomic database content, including curation and alignment of public and in-house data sets, upkeeping a database of contextual ‘metadata’ associated with the experimental data sets, and supporting a bioinformatics team with search, retrieval, and analysis tasks
- Participate in drug discovery group projects, which include research, curation, and preparation of chemical data sets, as well as compiling, analyzing, and summarizing results
- Aid in the improvement of software and processes, which includes early access usage and bug reporting, user storyboarding and defining feature requirements, and development of research and data curation web apps and scripts
What you’ll need:
- At least a Master’s degree in biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, or a related discipline, (or a Bachelor’s with at least four years of industry experience)
- Deep understanding of computational biology data formats
- Extensive experience with relational databases
Schrödinger understands its people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.