We’re seeking a Senior Technical Writer to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud-computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of our Education team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to reach scientists across the globe and help integrate the exciting potential of computational drug and materials discovery into an array of research. You’ll also have the chance to lead a technical writing team and apply design thinking to improve how scientists access information and answer their own questions regarding the use of Schrödinger software. This role will collaborate with several other teams to make high-quality, user-friendly documentation easily accessible with a goal of enabling researchers to find the answer they need.
Please note: This position can be based in either New York or Portland. Once our offices can reopen safely, this role will be subject to our company-wide hybrid work schedule requiring three days of in-office work per week.
Who will love this job:
- An experienced technical writer with an interest in computational chemistry, biology, and materials science
- A skilled editor who wants a career outside of academia and governmental agencies
- A problem-solver who enjoys creating processes
- A quick thinker who can pick up concepts and ideas on the fly
- A self-motivated organizer with strong time management and interpersonal skills
- A great team player who can also work independently
- A content editor who’s experienced with Flare, Confluence, and/or Jira
- A savvy programmer who understands both frontend and backend engineering
What you’ll do:
- Work with Schrödinger Support, Product Management, and Development teams
- Design, create, and organize content to communicate the details of Schrödinger tools
- Engage in meaningful scientific discussions with internal teams
- Gain in-depth familiarity with our entire suite of small-molecule, biologics, and materials science software, including packages for docking, molecular simulations, homology modeling, pharmacophore modeling, cheminformatics, and quantum mechanics
- Distill information from a variety of sources and help users to answer their own questions
What you should have:
- Experience in creating and/or redesigning software documentation
- Three to five years of technical writing experience with a scientific background in chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, physics, materials science, or a related field
- Interest in small-molecule drug discovery, materials science, biologics and/or informatics
- Understanding of software development and release cycles
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us! In addition to a resume in PDF format, please provide a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for the Education team. We will not consider any applications that do not include this cover letter.