Schrödinger aims to revolutionize drug discovery with its physics-based molecular simulation software. We license this software to researchers all over the world and also use it to advance our own internal drug discovery efforts.
We’re currently seeking a Structural Biology Developer to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Who will love this job:
- A proficient programmer (Python preferred) who can write clear, maintainable, and highly organized object-oriented code
- A dedicated scientist who has experience working with X-ray, NMR and cryo-EM data
What you’ll do:
- Develop new methods and workflows to expand the capabilities of our structural biology tools
- Maintain and improve existing code to fix bugs and add new features
- Create and monitor tests to ensure the accuracy of our predictions
What you’ll need:
- A strong grasp of software development fundamentals and test-driven development practices
- At least intermediate-level knowledge of Python programming
- Basic knowledge of programming in a second language
- Master’s or PhD in Chemistry, Biology, Physics, or a related field
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.