We’re seeking a Scientific Software Developer to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of our Scientific Infrastructure team, you’ll play a key role in the maintenance and extension of the core chemistry libraries that underlie tools across the Schrödinger suite.
Who will love this job:
- A scientific programmer who’s excited about using Python3.8 and C++17 to calculate and use fundamental chemistry properties like chirality, aromaticity, and h-bonding
- A detail-oriented developer who values software engineering (i.e., software quality over time)
- An excellent written communicator who can compose concise code and design clear APIs
What you’ll do:
- Work on core libraries in C++ and Python
- Contribute to industry-wide open source projects like RDKit and openbabel
- Collaborate with scientific product teams across departments and disciplines
- Maintain the integrity of our current tools while keeping an eye towards future problems that will require new APIs
What you should have:
- A Master’s in chemistry (or Bachelor’s and equivalent experience - a cheminformatics background is a plus!)
- Past contribution to any open-source project
- Some familiarity with writing or using code in a corporate environment (we’d prefer someone with a few years of industry experience)
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.