Schrödinger’s mission is to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We are currently looking for outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery group and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery collaborations.
Our drug discovery group of over 80 scientists includes designers, modelers, computational chemists, medicinal chemists, crystallographers, biochemists, and biologists with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers as well as a large scale compute infrastructure. Four of the programs we’ve worked on in the past 7 years have progressed into the clinic; two are still progressing through trials and two have been approved by the FDA.
We are looking for a Senior Computational Chemist who will drive drug discovery projects through close collaboration with group members and application of cutting-edge computational approaches .
- Actively participate in collaborative drug discovery projects
- Work in close collaboration with medicinal chemists in the Drug Discovery Group on new idea generation and evaluation using Schrödinger’s technologies
- Work closely with the internal software development teams to tailor Schrödinger’s drug discovery technologies to better meet project goals
- Provide modeling expertise to the Drug Discovery Group
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Ph.D. in computational chemistry, medicinal chemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry
- 3+ years structure-based drug design in a pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology setting
- Demonstrated strong track record in application of computational tools to successful advancement of drug discovery projects
- Skilled at working in a dynamic multidisciplinary environment
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of contributing to progression of compounds from hit identification to clinical candidates
- Experience in medicinal chemistry
- Experience working in geographically distributed teams
The company is open to considering candidates who need work visa sponsorship for this role.
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.