Schrödinger, a leader in the field of computational biochemistry, is seeking a Product Security Engineer Intern to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
In this position, you’ll work directly with our engineering teams to push forward improvements that help secure Schrödinger’s infrastructure and data.
This position is for the summer of 2021. When our offices are open you're welcome to come in, but this position is otherwise remote.
Who will love this job:
- A security enthusiast who follows the latest threats and remediations
- A software engineering student who wants to gain experience in software security
- A Linux aficionado who’s interested in containers and Kubernetes
- A sysadmin who wants to deploy systems that automate and improve our processes
- Anyone who enjoys CTFs or other technical puzzles
Depending on your experience and interests, projects might include:
- Implement application security improvements
- Automate the scanning for vulnerabilities in container images, resolve the underlying issues, and integrate the system with existing CI processes
- Perform security audits on our applications and related infrastructure
- Improve container- and kubernetes-based deployments
- Integrate systems with LetsEncrypt, Okta, and other external security providers
- Triage and remediate issues in GCP/AWS and then automate their prevention
What you’ll need:
- Familiarity with scripting and automation tools such as Python, Ruby, Bash, etc
- A passion for understanding the technical foundations of software security
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in at least one of the project areas above
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. We have catered meals in the office every day and a company culture that is relaxed but engaged. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018, 2019, and 2020.
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with companies like Takeda, Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.