We’re seeking an Applications Scientist to help us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods. This employee will focus on educating current and prospective customers on the optimal use of our groundbreaking computational platform.
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest scientific cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to transform the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the applications we’ve created.
As a member of our European Applications Science team, you’ll train and guide customers in their use of our state-of-the-art molecular modeling suites and enterprise informatics tools, support them in their research, and address challenging problems in drug discovery. You’ll focus on the expansion of modeling usage and knowledge for molecular designers.
Who will love this job:
- An experienced scientific educator who has worked with medicinal chemists and molecular modelers and has a passion for knowledge-exchange
- An excellent communicator and presenter, ideally with remote teaching experience
- A computer-aided design enthusiast (both in theory and application) who has solid experience in structure-based drug design as it applies to hit generation and lead optimisation
- A creative “people person” who enjoys helping others solve problems
- A self-motivated team player who takes ownership of projects and manages time well
What you’ll do:
- Oversee training and workshops for our customers and prospects - both academic and commercial
- Provide scientific support, which includes demonstration of optimal use of our life science software suites and enterprise informatics tools
- Facilitate interactions between customers and product development teams, offering general scientific guidance and workflow deployment
- Engage in cutting-edge scientific research projects
- Publish scientific papers and present at conferences
What you should have:
- PhD in computational chemistry, biophysics, or a related field (postdoctoral research and/or relevant experience in the commercial sector is a plus)
- Substantial teaching experience with PhD/postdoctoral students
- A solid understanding of the commercial drug discovery process
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Willingness to travel about 30% + of the time
- A robust background in at least two of the following areas: medicinal chemistry, molecular simulation methods, biologics design, ligand-based drug design, python programming, AI/machine learning methods, quantum mechanics, and/or protein structure modeling