We’re seeking a Solutions Architect to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
As a member of our Enterprise Informatics team, you’ll work directly with top-tier customers, scientists, and developers to deploy, configure, and tune the company's high-end suite of molecular modeling and informatics applications and related systems. You’ll also maintain Schrödinger’s internal scientific computing resources and work with highly-skilled individuals within challenging software environments. In your conversations with our Product Managers, you’ll be the voice of the customer!
If you don’t consider yourself an expert in all of the fields below, that’s OK - we’re looking to hire an adaptable polymath who’s excited to learn on the job. Our team will be happy to help you get up to speed in any unfamiliar areas.
Who will love this job:
- A skilled systems administrator who’s proficient in at least one scripting language (e.g., bash, python)
- A desktop and HPC technology enthusiast who’s worked with distributed resource management systems, high-performance interconnects, application deployment systems, networking, etc.
- A passionate engineer who understands web-based applications (i.e., REST APIs, data ETL, SQL databases)
- A cloud computing expert who’s familiar with at least one major resource provider (i.e., GCP, AWS, Azure)
- A problem-solver with excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- A quick learner who’s driven to investigate performance issues and recommend improvements
- An excellent communicator who’s willing to travel to customer sites
What you’ll do:
- Ensure that our software performs optimally in the customer environment (which ranges from small desktop setups to sophisticated HPC and cloud environments)
- Design and implement optimal deployment strategies and interfaces for integration into customer systems and technologies
- Help customers tackle thorny technical issues by cooperating on creative, customized solutions
- Work closely with customers on the installation, configuration, and update/maintenance of on-premises or cloud-hosted installations
- Collaborate with product managers, scientists, and developers to improve the deployment, support, and configuration aspects of our applications
- Partner with our global IT team to support and improve Schrödinger’s internal infrastructure
What you should have:
- Extensive experience with the Linux OS (and proficiency in a scripting language like bash or python)
- Some research data management background in the pharmaceutical industry (or another scientific space)
- An interest in life sciences and/or physics (a formal academic background in the classical sciences is a plus!)
We’d prefer to hire someone who has:
- A deep background in research informatics and/or organic chemistry
- An understanding of GPGPU computing
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Advanced networking experience, e.g. DNS, routing, firewalls, proxies, VPCs, NAT gateways