Schrödinger, a science and technology leader with 30 years of experience providing solutions for atomic-scale modeling and physics-based chemical simulations, seeks a Materials Science Developer to create application-focused software tools for chemical microkinetic modeling and catalysis.
We’re seeking someone with a master's degree or doctorate in chemical engineering, materials science, chemistry, or physics, with strong interest in software development.
Who will love this job:
- A professional scientific software developer with a background in materials science (GUI experience is a plus)
- An independent self-starter who understands object-oriented software development and loves collaborative coding (Python required)
- An expert in microkinetics and quantum mechanical modeling of chemical reactions
- An excellent verbal communicator with great practical computer skills
- A fast learner who’s enthusiastic about picking up new concepts in a variety of computational chemistry programs
What you’ll do:
- Implement scientific workflows
- Design and create data and results viewers
- Maintain existing code base
- Contribute scientifically to novel methodologies
- Deliver commercial solutions in a timely fashion
What you’ll need:
- Experience with writing scientific software, especially in Python
- A background in modeling microkinetics or catalysis (PhD preferred)
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for three years running.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.