We’re seeking Materials Science Applications Scientists to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
Schrödinger is a science and technology leader with over 30 years of experience providing solutions for atomic-scale modeling and physics-based chemical simulations.
As part of our European Materials Science Applications Science team, you’ll work closely with our industrial and academic customers and help solve challenging scientific problems.
Who will love this job:
- A computer-aided materials science enthusiast (both in theory and application) who has solid experience in design and analysis of materials or complex chemicals based on atomistic simulations
- An excellent communicator and presenter with superb organizational skills
- A dedicated scientist interested in advancing materials science research
- A creative collaborator who enjoys helping others solve problems
- A self-motivated team player who can also conduct independent research
What you’ll do:
- Provide scientific support to current and prospective customers, which includes scientific presentations, demonstrating our materials science modelling platform, training, and working with customers to enable them to solve challenging scientific and engineering problems
- Act as a critical link between our customers and Schrödinger software developers, sales, and marketing by providing feedback on technology requirements, feature enhancements, and use-case scenarios
- Publish scientific papers and present at conferences
What you should have:
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Materials Science, Engineering, Physics, or a related field
- Superb interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- A broad knowledge of molecular modeling theory and applications; extensive experience with the application of classical molecular dynamics for the simulation of complex organic systems, e.g., polymers, soft matter, or structured solutions
- Enthusiasm for traveling to meetings at customer sites
- Excellent English language skills (both verbal and written)
Preferred skills and background:
- Experience with applying quantum mechanical and/or coarse-grained modeling techniques in materials science research
- Post-doctoral research and/or relevant experience in the commercial sector
- Python programming proficiency
- French language skills