Schrödinger, the leading software and service provider for atomic-scale modeling and physics-based chemical simulations, seeks an Account Manager who will be responsible for establishing our materials science solutions in Europe.
This position offers a great opportunity to build and maintain a portfolio of materials science accounts within diverse industries (e.g., chemicals, aerospace, electronics, energy, etc.) across the continent. We'd prefer for this hire to be based in Mannheim, but are open to the UK, France, and/or the Netherlands for exceptionally competitive applicants.
Who will love this job:
- An avid enthusiast of computational chemistry software, research informatics, and/or materials science/chemistry
- An experienced business strategist who enjoys communicating opportunities with colleagues and maintaining accurate sales forecasts
- An outstanding customer relationship manager
- A highly motivated self-starter who can work independently or as part of a team
- An excellent communicator and problem-solver
- An enthusiastic traveler who’s willing to be on the road part of the time
What you’ll do:
- Build a pipeline by identifying and creating new business opportunities
- Work with the scientific and IT teams by planning/conducting customer presentations, demonstrations, road shows and special events
- Continuously monitor market dynamics, analyze market opportunities, and build and execute marketing plans
- Manage key accounts
- Produce timely and accurate revenue forecasts
- Travel to customers and prospects as needed
What you should have:
- Advanced degree in chemistry, materials science or a related field
- At least four years of business experience in the scientific software space (local market knowledge is a plus!)
- Fluency in English
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.