Schrödinger aims to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We are looking for an outstanding Associate to join the NYC-based Human Resources team, a highly progressive and innovative team that truly enjoys supporting and enabling the work of our scientific, technical, sales, support and administrative teams.
The ideal candidate will be an early career professional with an interest in a wide range of HR topics. We seek someone with terrific communication and analytical skills, with a desire to support and strengthen a positive, inclusive, and passionately mission-centric work culture.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Frontline HR support, including onboarding and offboarding, employee data management and administration, engagement, culture and employee experience activities, learning and development initiatives, and employee relations matter
- Provide and scale employee immigration and sponsorship support including but not limited to managing all employer questionnaires and petitions, coordination between stakeholders to ensure timely filing, and managing all foreign national employee record keeping.
- Collaborate with our benefits teams to drive participation in annual enrollment processes, mental health workshops and events, and partner with our global Office Management and Administration teams on cross-department events and activities
- Work with HR Business Partners on special projects that include compensation planning, performance management initiatives, career pathing conversations and organizational development
- Oversee and manage the company’s Mentor Program
- Create useful and compelling reports and presentations
- Minimum of 2 years of HR experience in these critical areas:
- Building strong, productive relationships with a portfolio of teams
- Employee coaching and relations
- Understanding of US employment and immigration law
- Collaborative and adaptive communications skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred
- Excellent and engaging interpersonal skills: proactive problem-solving skills, solid decision-making capabilities, ability to handle sensitive information and situations, excellent ability to manage competing priorities
- UKG Pro experience a plus
- Prior experience working in technology, biotech and/or pharma is preferred but not required
Why This Role?
- Acknowledged as the top performing newly public company of 2020, we are growing quickly and scaling up HR processes to help scientific and tech teams make gains against grand scientific and technological challenges. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who is passionate about life sciences and cutting edge tech’s contributions to improvements in human health and improved materials
- We are a lean, experienced team which enjoys providing opportunities to, and sharing knowledge with, early career individuals
- We encourage all our employees to challenge the status quo. As we scale, we are looking for fresh perspectives to keep us agile and highly responsive
Awards And Recognition
Crain’s Best Places to Work in NYC (2020, 2019, 2018)
BuiltIn NYC’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC 2021
BuiltIn NYC’s 50 Companies with the Best Perks and Benefits in NYC 2021
Top 50 in Digital Health Awards - Best Performing IPO
Compensation, benefits and culture:
Schrödinger understands that exceptional people make a company great. Because of this, we offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401(k) plan with company matching, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, a parental leave program and a generous amount of paid time off. We adhere to a set of principles that reflect the company’s outstanding scientific mission and vision, as well as how we aspire to work with customers, collaborators, and one another. Our company culture draws on these principles, and is best described as science-focused, ethical, collaborative, and collegial. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running. We have also been named to BuiltIn NYC’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC for 2021.