We’re looking to hire a Life Sciences Attorney to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
We are a rapidly growing life sciences company, with both a technology business and a drug discovery business, searching for counsel with initiative, determination and focus who will be a significant contributor to the Company’s business and corporate objectives.
This role will report into our Deputy General Counsel responsible for supporting our drug discovery business. This position is based in our Boston or New York office.
- Drafting and negotiating drug discovery, research and other related agreements with sophisticated counterparties, such as biotechs, pharmaceutical companies academic institutions and contract research organizations
- Drafting and negotiating pharma and biotech collaborations, licensing deals, joint ventures as well as other operational agreements typical for life sciences companies
- Drafting, and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts relevant to our drug discovery business, including but not limited to: vendor agreements, licensing agreements, confidentiality agreements, master service agreements, statements of work
- Drafting and negotiating sponsored research agreements and materials transfer agreements
- Updating and developing contract templates for life science transactions
- Working with and advising the business team and scientists directly, as well as providing guidance and practical solutions, relating to business transactions and policies relevant to our drug discovery business.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 to 10 years of broad based experience with a variety of deal types in the life sciences space and strong experience with pre-clincial stage drug discovery transactions
- Relevant experience in a top law firm required, with focus on the life sciences or healthcare industry strongly preferred. In-house experience at a biotech or pharma is also preferred. Science background is a plus, but not required
- Excellent judgment, communication, collaboration, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in cross-functional teams to progress projects
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work streams simultaneously
- Active membership in a state bar required