We’re seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials.
As an experienced member of our Accounting team, you’ll play a crucial role in tracking and accounting for our revenue. By collaborating with our Sales, Drug Discovery, Legal, Licensing, and Professional Services departments, you’ll develop processes to streamline reporting and assure the responsible recording of our company income.
Who will love this job:
- An experienced accountant who is knowledgeable about ASC 606 revenue guidance
- A diligent reader, interpreter, and summarizer of legal language in contracts
- An Excel expert who pays attention to detail
- An excellent communicator with fantastic organizational skills
What you’ll do:
- Review complex software, service, and collaboration contracts and schedule revenue recognition in accordance with US GAAP, ASC 606, and/or ASC 808
- Analyze and document the revenue treatment of deals to identify non-standard terms with revenue impacts
- Read and interpret legal language in contracts, research accounting guidance and summarize in technical memos
- Analyze the stand-alone selling price, management judgements, and other assumptions used to assess revenue recognition under ASC 606
- Perform fluctuation analysis on revenue metrics
- Perform monthly and quarterly close procedures
- Interact with and provide information to external auditors as necessary
- Assist in ad hoc analysis and projects as necessary
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA license (or in the process of obtaining a CPA license)
- At least three years of relevant revenue recognition experience within the software/high tech/pharmaceutical sectors (public accounting or industry)
- Experience researching, applying, and documenting accounting rules
- Netsuite experience is a plus
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands that it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events.
We’ve been working remotely from across the world over the past year because the health and safety of our employees is paramount. Nonetheless, we have kept Schrödinger’s outstanding culture going through a series of online fitness classes, trivia nights, happy hours, and so much more.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.