We’re seeking an Accounting Associate to help us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with companies like Takeda, Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. WaterMap, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of our Accounting team, you’ll play a key role in tracking our company’s financial wellbeing. Using your outstanding organizational skills and keen eye for problem-solving, you’ll help set us up for continued success!
Who will love this job:
- A detail-oriented accountant who can read, analyze, and interpret business documents and correspondence in a timely fashion
- An effective business writer with a professional demeanor
- An excellent communicator and team player who enjoys a collaborative environment
What you’ll do:
- Perform accounts payable transaction analysis, account coding and data entry
- Collect new vendor information and maintain the vendor master file
- Address accounts payable transaction issues and correspond with vendors and internal staff
- Review employee expense reports for accuracy, address expense reporting issues by corresponding with Schrödinger employees
- Prepare general ledger account journal entries and reconciliations, including bank account and prepaid expense reconciliations
- Coordinate weekly check runs and wire transfers
- Perform administrative tasks such as filing, scanning, archiving, mailings, etc.
- Assist in documenting accounting policies and procedures and maintain internal control tools
What you should have:
- 1-2 years of accounts payable experience and a business degree with a focus on accounting preferred
- Deep understanding of accounting software systems
- Familiarity with Microsoft suite, particularly Word and Excel (Apple Mac, Google GSuite, and NetSuite experience are a plus)