We’re looking to hire a Science and Technology Support Scientist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of our Scientific Support team, you’ll help customers optimize their use of our drug and materials discovery software. By keeping close tabs on issues of interest to our users, you’ll play a crucial role in the insurance of customer satisfaction.
Who will love this job:
- A computational chemist who has experience in the pharmaceutical applications of molecular modeling software tools
- A strong problem-solver who’s familiar with high-performance computing clusters and queuing systems
- A keen Python programmer
- A quick-thinking customer supporter who enjoys helping others solve problems
- An excellent communicator with impeccable interpersonal and organizational skills
What you’ll do:
- Aid the Schrödinger community with scientific advice and support
- Guide technical deployment of Schrödinger software in high-performance computing environments (which include clusters, cloud platforms and GPUs)
- Troubleshoot user difficulties
- Log and track problems and enhancement requests
- Channel feedback to the development team
What you should have:
- PhD in computational chemistry, biophysics, or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written English skills are required; Chinese language proficiency is a plus
- Experience in one or more of the following: molecular dynamics simulations/enhanced sampling/free energy calculation methods, ligand-based drug design, chemoinformatics, quantum mechanics, and/or structural modeling
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world.
We've been working remotely from across the world over the past year because the health and safety of our employees is paramount. Nonetheless, we have kept Schrödinger's outstanding culture going through a series of online fitness classes, trivia nights, happy hours, and so much more.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.