We’re seeking a Medicinal Chemistry Education Specialist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud-computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of our Education team, you’ll create pedagogical materials that use relevant and recent drug discovery case studies and lead workshops for researchers who are unfamiliar with computational techniques. This role will be one of scientific storytelling, requiring the ability to relay scientific achievements in an engaging and meaningful way. By showcasing our industry-leading software platform for a broad and diverse scientific audience, you’ll gain in-depth familiarity with our entire suite of small-molecule, biologics, and materials science software, which includes packages for docking, molecular simulations, homology modeling, pharmacophore modeling, cheminformatics, and ligand design.
Who will love this job:
- A medicinal chemistry expert who has used computational techniques for research
- An experimentalist who is ready to step away from the bench
- An academic who is seeking a new kind of classroom
- An excellent communicator and presenter with superb organizational skills and problem-solving abilities
- A creative people person who enjoys helping others solve problems
- A dedicated team player who is self-motivated and manages time well
- An educator with deep understanding of pedagogy related to science communication
- A skilled planner who enjoys event coordination and outreach
- An enthusiastic traveler
What you’ll do:
- Provide pre- and post-sales workshops, including demonstration of optimal use of our life science software suites and providing general scientific guidance
- Create, update, and disseminate content for workshops
- Stay informed about cutting-edge scientific research to keep workshop materials pertinent and engaging
- Work across an array of teams to collaborate on projects
What you should have:
- PhD in medicinal chemistry, organic chemistry, or a related field; or Bachelor's/Master's with 3-5 years of industry experience
- Experience with using molecular modeling in drug discovery research
- A few years of medicinal chemistry or drug discovery industry experience preferred
In addition to a PDF resume, please provide a cover letter explaining why you think you would be a great fit for the Education team.