Schrödinger seeks a Senior Network/System Engineer to help us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
As part of our IT team, you’ll have a direct impact on Schrödinger’s infrastructure, architecture, and direction. This position presents the unique opportunity to support researchers and developers who are continually breaching the boundaries of what’s possible in drug and materials design.
Who will love this job:
- A veteran network architect and troubleshooter who’s familiar with acronyms like BGP, GRE, VPN, and VXLAN
- A proficient Python programmer who’s interested in applying modern development practices to the network and infrastructure
- A skilled user of REST API who loves the command line and automation
- A GCP and AWS networking adept (VPC, firewalling, routing and architectures)
- An excellent communicator and team player who knows how to work in a fast-paced analytical environment
What you’ll do:
- Propose and lead key projects to ensure Schrödinger’s networks and systems are fast, available, and secure
- Take the lead in a collaborative environment where IT is appreciated and understood by a large number of our users
- Manage vendors by understanding their products and their value
What you should have:
- Robust Linux skills (Mac and Windows knowledge are a plus)
- At least 5 years of IT experience
We’d prefer to hire an applicant who understands:
- Fortinet, Ruckus, and/or Dell
- GPGPU/CPU clusters
- DevOps, Gitlab, Salt, Ansible, GCP/ AWS/vSphere, and/or Terraform
- K8s, Docker, EKS, and/or GKE
- Agile workflow in Jira
- Bare Metal HPC
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.