We’re looking to hire a Security Engineer to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with companies like Takeda, Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials.
As a member of our Information Security team, you’ll play a crucial role in securing Schrödinger’s infrastructure and data. By building solutions in a highly collaborative space, you’ll provide a secure environment to help scientists accelerate their research and development activities, reduce costs, and make novel discoveries that wouldn’t otherwise be possible. We’re looking to hire someone with security operations experience who understands how to implement security without impeding innovation.
Who will love this job:
- A security enthusiast who follows the latest threats and remediations
- A Linux aficionado who’s also familiar with Macintosh security
- An engineer who loves to glue together disparate systems and data sources
- An innovator who’s willing to take initiative
- An excellent communicator and team-player
What you’ll do:
- Respond to security incidents generated by Firewalls, EDR systems, and actual people
- Utilize modern authentication infrastructure such as SAML and OpenID
- Architect mechanisms for ensuring defense in depth and the principle of least privilege
- Hunt for vulnerabilities and threats, preferably in an automated way
- Work with senior IT team members on new project implementations
- Help push the envelope of modern security architecture
What you’ll need:
- Familiarity with security tools, including Fortinet Firewalls, IDS, SIEM, EDR, and CASB solutions
- Knowledge of various open source and commercial security, digital forensics, and log aggregation tools, such as OSQuery, GRR, theHive, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Fluentd, and SentinelOne
- A thorough understanding of Zero Trust Networking principles
- Experience with utilizing, understanding, and implementing the CIS hardening principles for operating systems and cloud environments
- Operation know-how in a cloud-centric environment (i.e.,GCP or AWS)
- Experience with “policy as code” using tools such as HashiCorp Sentinel or Chef Inspec
- A robust security background in a Linux-focused environment. (this includes familiarity with SELinux, Apparmor, and Auditd)
- Fluency with scripting and automation tools such as Python, Ruby, Bash, etc.
- At least five years of IT experience with over three years in security operations