We’re looking to hire an Applications Scientist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We recently set the record for the largest scientific cloud computing run and our software suites continue to transform the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the applications we’ve created.
As a member of our UK-based Applications Science team, you’ll train and guide customers in their use of our groundbreaking molecular modeling suites and informatics tools, support them in their research and address challenging problems in drug discovery.
Who will love this job:
- A computer-aided design enthusiast (both in theory and application) - specifically, someone with solid experience in structure-based drug design as it applies to hit generation and lead optimisation
- An excellent communicator and presenter
- A creative “people person” who enjoys helping others solve problems by thinking outside the box
- A self-motivated team player who takes ownership of projects and manages time well
What you’ll do:
- Provide scientific support to current and prospective customers, which includes demonstration of optimal use of our life science software suites and enterprise informatics tools, facilitation of interactions between customers and product development teams and general scientific guidance and workflow deployment
- Engage in cutting-edge scientific research and provide best practices for modeling automation to our customers
- Publish scientific papers and present at conferences
What you should have:
- PhD in computational chemistry, biophysics, or a related field
- Postdoctoral research and/or relevant experience in the commercial sector
- A solid understanding of the commercial drug discovery process
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Programming experience (Python/C++ preferred)
- Willingness to travel about 20% of the time
- Experience in one of the following is a plus: medicinal chemistry, molecular dynamics simulations/enhanced sampling/free energy calculation methods, ligand-based drug design, AI/machine learning methods, informatics, quantum mechanics, and/or protein structure modeling
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of such identifiers as race, color, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, or sexual orientation, for example. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.