Schrödinger aims to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We’re currently seeking outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery group and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery collaborations.
Our drug discovery group includes designers, modelers, computational chemists, medicinal chemists, crystallographers, biochemists, and biologists with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. We also engage with Contract Research Organizations (CROs) and Consultants. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers as well as a large scale compute infrastructure. Four of the programs we’ve worked on in the past seven years have progressed into the clinic; three are still progressing through trials and one is approved by the FDA.
Who will love this job:
- A science enthusiast who understands biopharmaceutical drug discovery and is excited to work with a world-class computational methods development team to transform how biopharmaceuticals are discovered and brought to the clinic.
- A savvy operation-runner who can ensure that our CROs, consultants, and supplies are contracted and managed
- A highly-organized and flexible collaborator who has excellent communication skills and enjoys a fast-paced environment in which tasks vary from day to day
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with project team members, the legal department, and other key stakeholders to draft and finalize contracts, statements, and scope of work documents, as well as change orders and termination documents with CROs and consultants.
- Liaise with project management and other key stakeholders to finalize timelines, scope, and associated costs for work orders
- Communicate with functional departments and key stakeholders to ensure contract deliverables are completed according to established timelines and department procedures
- Manage complex cross-project quotes, orders, and shipments and track order statuses across various systems
- Coordinate vendor payment processing
- Gather and record feedback on CRO performance; analyze and report on quarterly basis and manage internal record of CRO capabilities for future engagements
- Proactively identify risks and propose and implement sustainable solutions
- Manage and track compound storage and shipments for testing
- Receive and manage requests to purchase commercially available compounds and targets
What you’ll need:
- At least five years of experience in operations or project management, and at least two years of experience with managing and coordinating outsourced resources
- Life Science background
- High proficiency with Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Experience working with legal counsel is a plus
- Strong negotiating, facilitating, influencing, and vendor management skills
- Strong planning, strategizing, managing, monitoring, scheduling, and analytical skills.
- Ability to complete a high volume of contracts in a timely and professional manner