We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Immunology Drug Discovery Scientist with deep expertise in immunology and inflammation to join our Drug Discovery team. The candidate should have a track record of goal-oriented, innovative and collaborative research, demonstrated through drug discovery project milestone delivery and peer-reviewed publications. The successful candidate is expected to drive the identification of small molecule drug discovery opportunities in the areas of immunology and inflammatory diseases, which can leverage Schrödinger’s proprietary computational platform. In addition, the candidate will lead programs in the preclinical development phase. The candidate will join a highly collaborative and interactive drug discovery group, and will participate in interactions with external KOLs and CROs to facilitate target identification and program execution.
Who will love this job:
- A motivated Immunology drug discoverer who can provide scientific leadership and work effectively within a team and with external partners.
What you’ll do:
- Play a leading role in identifying appropriate therapeutic targets across the Immune Disease space and leading drug discovery teams to advance novel molecules to clinical entry.
- Provide scientific and leadership in the areas of immunology and inflammatory diseases, including identification of therapeutic target opportunities that are a fit for Schrödinger’s proprietary computational platform
- Lead interactions with CROs and KOLs and serve as a disease biology expert on cross functional discovery teams
- Advance drug discovery research programs from the preclinical to clinical stage
- Stay informed on trends and emerging developments regarding research and development in the fields of immunology and inflammatory diseases
- Contribute to writing documents in support of candidate molecules advancing to clinical entry (eg. IND)
- Interact with clinical colleagues to define and validate translational biomarker approaches
What you should have:
- A PhD in Immunology or related field and a minimum of 3 years experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience working on identification of therapeutic opportunities in the area of immunology and inflammatory diseases
- Experience working on teams who have advanced drug discovery programs through preclinical development
- In-depth knowledge/understanding of inflammatory pathways and immunology and the preclinical models applied in research in these areas
- Experience in managing external studies at CROs including study design, monitoring study execution and timely delivery of study results preferred