We’re looking to hire an Applications Scientist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the tools we’ve created.
As a member of our Applications Science team, you’ll provide scientific support for life-science customers ranging from large pharmas to biotechs, as well as academic institutions. Our customers will rely on you to guide them in their use of our life science software, from adoption to advanced usage, to tackle various challenging drug discovery problems.
Who will love this job:
- A computer-aided design enthusiast (both in theory and application) - specifically, someone with solid experience in structure-based drug design
- An excellent communicator and presenter with superb organizational skills
- A dedicated scientist interested in advancing drug discovery research
- A creative person who enjoys helping others solve problems
- A self-motivated team player who thrives in a cross-functional environment
What you’ll do:
- Provide scientific support to current and prospective life-science customers, which includes demonstrating the optimal use of our life science software suites, facilitating interactions between customers and product development teams, and providing general scientific guidance
- Engage in cutting edge scientific research to continuously develop personal expertise and establish best practices for customers
- Work cross-functionally with Product Managers, Account Managers and the Marketing team to improve business strategies
- Publish scientific papers and present at conferences
What you should have:
- PhD in computational chemistry, cheminformatics, computational biology or a related field
- Post-doctoral research and/or relevant experience in the life-science commercial sector
- A solid understanding of the commercial drug discovery process
- Experience in one of the following: molecular dynamics simulations/enhanced sampling/free energy calculation methods, ligand-based drug design, chemoinformatics, quantum mechanics, and/or structural modeling
- Programming experience (preferably Python) is a plus
- Medicinal chemistry knowledge is a plus
- Willingness to travel