We’re looking to hire a Payroll and Accounting Specialist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
Schrödinger (NASDAQ: SDGR) is transforming drug discovery and materials research. Used by bio-pharmaceutical and industrial companies, academic institutions, and government laboratories worldwide, our software platform can predict critical properties of molecules before scientists embark on time-consuming and costly experiments. Schrödinger has also deployed its computational platform to advance its own drug discovery programs, as well as those of various pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
This position is based in Munich, Germany and you will report to the Director of Administration, Europe.
Who will love this job:
- A dynamic and motivated financial administrator who takes pride in working efficiently
- A detail-oriented collaborator with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An accomplished multi-tasker who enjoys working across geographical and departmental boundaries
What you’ll do:
- Prepare accounting for payment runs through (external) accountant
- Assist team with preparing and checking travel expense reports based on internal policies and external accounting accuracy
- Coordinate on- and off-boarding for local employees related to payroll/accounting
- Manage and track vacation sheets
- Assist administration and European team in day-to-day operation (purchasing, inventory, office management, etc.)
- Coordinate monthly payroll for Germany and France (and Netherlands [and India]) with (external) payroll solution providers
- Collaborate with our tax consultant and accounting company to ensure correct and on-time execution of payroll payments and reporting requirements
- Provide first level support of all payroll related questions for employees of applicable countries
- Collaborate closely with global finance and accounting organization on all topics regarding global payroll (salary adjustments, bonus payments, reporting, etc.) and accounting
What you should have:
- Strong command of English and fluency in German
- Vocational training in a payroll/accounting related field or a business degree
- Experience with equity compensation is a plus (i.e., reporting, training and compliance for stock options, employee stock purchase plan, restricted stock units), preferably within a global organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.