Schrödinger (NASDAQ: SDGR) is transforming drug discovery and materials research. Used by bio-pharmaceutical and industrial companies, academic institutions, and government laboratories worldwide, our software platform can predict critical properties of molecules before scientists embark on time-consuming and costly experiments. Schrödinger has also deployed its computational platform to advance its own drug discovery programs, as well as those of various pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
We’re seeking an office manager who will be responsible for assisting the European team in their day-to-day operations. This position is based in Mannheim, Germany and you will report to the Director of Administration, Europe.
Who will love this job:
- A dynamic and motivated person with the ability to manage a multitude of tasks and responsibilities
- An excellent communicator with initiative and a keen attention to detail
- A highly organized team player who can think one step ahead to ensure all office and team needs are met
What you’ll do:
- Provide administrative support to the Schrödinger team in Europe
- Assist with travel management and coordination of business trips
- Schedule job interviews and assist with the onboarding of new hires
- Help with the organization of customer events
- Coordinate the inventory of marketing materials and the shipment of materials to conferences and customers
- Manage the Mannheim office, with responsibilities including but not limited to greeting visitors, ordering office supplies, coordinating office maintenance work and organizing office events and meetings
- Further responsibilities include contract and CRM database management
What you should have:
- Strong command of English and fluency in German
- Vocational training in a related field (e.g. Kaufmann/-frau für Büromanagement) or a business degree
- At least two years’ experience in office management, team assistance, or a similar role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Familiarity with CRM tools is a plus
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.