Schrödinger’s mission is to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We are currently looking for outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery group and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery programs.
Our drug discovery group of over 80 scientists includes designers, modelers, computational chemists, medicinal chemists, crystallographers, biochemists, biologists and DMPK experts with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. We also engage with Contract Research Organizations (CROs) and Consultants. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers as well as a large scale compute infrastructure. Four of the programs we’ve worked on in the past seven years have progressed into the clinic; two are still progressing through trials and two have been approved by the FDA.
We are looking for experienced medicinal chemists who are passionate about applying cutting-edge computational approaches to drug discovery and would like to join our mission to improve human health and quality of life by transforming the way therapeutics are discovered.
Job title will be determined based on candidate experience and qualifications.
- Key Medicinal Chemistry contributor to Schrödinger’s drug discovery programs
- Responsible for support and execution of medicinal chemistry strategy to ensure the delivery of high quality clinical candidates
- Responsible for management of chemistry CRO’s to meet project goals
- Work in close collaboration with computational chemists and modelers on new idea generation and evaluation using Schrödinger’s computational drug discovery platform
- Contribute to evaluation of new target opportunities for Schrödinger’s drug discovery portfolio
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry with 3-6 years of drug discovery experience in a pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology setting
- Extensive experience in working with external chemistry teams at CRO’s
- Experience in structure-based drug design
- Contemporary knowledge of the key Medicinal Chemistry concepts and good understanding of biology, pharmacology, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics
- Skilled at working in a dynamic multidisciplinary environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in leading drug discovery projects
- Experience in progressing compounds from hit identification to clinical candidates
- Computational chemistry experience