We are looking for an Associate General Counsel, Employment, to join us in our mission to design drugs and materials to improve human health and increase quality of life!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with large pharmaceutical companies and biotech companies globally. Our platform is deployed by users worldwide to enable the discovery of novel therapeutics and materials more rapidly, at a lower cost, and we believe with a higher likelihood of success. We are committed to creating and maintaining a vibrant and inclusive workplace, where every employee is treated with respect and dignity.
This position will report directly to the Chief Legal Officer and will be a leader in all areas pertaining to employment law within the company.
Who will love this job:
- An attorney excited by our mission who seeks to be a thought leader and partner to our internal business teams
- An expert on a broad range of employment matters, including but not limited to, applicable employment laws and best practices and policies, compensation, benefits, performance management and terminations
- A strong communicator who is excited to collaborate closely with multiple departments and teams across the globe.
- A team player who values contributing to the expertise and skills of the legal team.
What you’ll do:
- Be the primary counsel and strategic lead for all employment law matters company-wide
- Help develop and maintain internal policy that align Schrödinger with all current employment laws and regulations and company values
- Partner with and advise HR on best practices for employee relations
- Advise on best practices to support employee retention and minimize litigation risk
- Keep up to date with best employment practices and applicable law
- Manage outside counsel as applicable on any employment matters
What you’ll need:
- The critical thinking skills to pull together complex information from multiple sources and synthesizing it to arrive at well-reasoned recommendations and conclusions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Active membership in NY state bar
- A minimum 5 years of relevant experience in-house or at a law firm.