We’re looking to hire a Project and Operations Manager to join us in our mission to discover and develop drugs that improve human health and materials that increase quality of life.
Schrödinger’s mission is to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We are currently looking for outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery group and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery collaborations.
Our drug discovery group of over 80 scientists includes designers, modelers, computational chemists, medicinal chemists, crystallographers, biochemists, and biologists with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. We also engage with Contract Research Organizations (CRO) and Consultants in the course of our work. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers as well as a large scale compute infrastructure. Four of the programs we’ve worked on in the past 7 years have progressed into the clinic; three are still progressing through trials and one is approved by the FDA.
Who will love this job:
- Someone with knowledge of biopharmaceutical drug discovery and development who is excited to work with a world class computational methods development team to transform how biopharmaceuticals are discovered and brought to the clinic
- Someone who loves Project Management, is organized with excellent communication skills
- Someone flexible and willing to pitch in and help get things done that could vary from day to day
What you’ll do:
- Project Manage 2-3 Drug Discovery/Early Drug Development programs. These could be internally-owned programs and/or alliances with external partners. Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the team to drive the project, acting on opportunities and challenges
- Managing timelines and budget
- Managing project documentation, communication and follow-up
- Contributing to portfolio reporting and analysis
- Understanding, communicating, and negotiating contractual elements internally, to partners, and to our service providers
- Support the Drug Discovery organization by owning processes and tools required to efficiently drive drug discovery including:
- CRO and Consultant engagement
- Portfolio reporting and analysis
- Meetings and other communication media
What you should have:
- Strong drug discovery and/or drug development experience, 5 years
- Strong Project Management background, 5 years
- Experience working with CROs and Academic institutions
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and organizational skills