Schrödinger’s mission is to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods. In addition to selling our software, we also use our own platform to advance our own internal drug discovery efforts. Every major pharmaceutical company uses our structure-based algorithms for drug discovery.
We’re looking for a skilled scientist/developer to improve our structure prediction and homology modeling capabilities. This will help us push ours and our customers' drug-discovery platforms to new heights and tackle diseases that previously have been recalcitrant to structure-based drug design.
Who will love this job:
- A computational chemist with experience building homology models of, or predicting conformational changes in, pharmaceutically relevant proteins such as kinases, GPCRs, proteases, transferases, ion channels, etc.
- A researcher with a track record of pushing the boundaries of computational chemistry techniques that contribute to homology model creation, refinement or protein structure prediction such as molecular dynamics, evolutionary coupling, sequence alignment, neural networks, protein-specific energy functions, etc.
- A methods developer who can take an idea and implement a prototype using modern coding practices
- An excellent communicator and team player who has worked on collaborative projects combining expertise from various scientific disciplines
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate to create and validate new technologies for the prediction of protein and protein-ligand interface structures with sufficient atomic-scale accuracy to drive structure-based drug design efforts
- Work with our drug discovery group to deploy new technologies to active projects
- Build and contribute to the creation of new algorithms that meet the high standards of Schrodinger technologies - usable in active projects by us and our customers
What you’ll need:
- PhD in computational chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, or a related field
- Peer-reviewed publications in the fields of protein structure prediction and/or homology modeling
- Strong proficiency in building complex workflows with Python
- Experience with compiled languages (C++, C, Fortran) is a plus
- Knowledge of modern developer practices (git, continuous integration, TDD) also a plus