Schrödinger’s mission is to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods. In addition to selling our software, we also use our own platform to advance our own internal drug discovery efforts. Every major pharmaceutical company uses our structure-based algorithms for drug discovery. These tools have enabled four of the programs we’ve pursued through our internal drug discovery group to progress into the clinic over the last seven years; two are still progressing through trials and two have been approved by the FDA.
We’re looking to hire a Protein Structure Prediction and Homology Modeling Scientist to help expand and improve our structure-based drug discovery platform.
Who will love this job:
- A computational chemist with experience building homology models of, or predicting conformational changes in, pharmaceutically relevant proteins such as kinases, GPCRs, proteases, transferases, ion channels, etc.
- A researcher with a track record of pushing the boundaries of computational chemistry techniques that contribute to homology model creation, refinement or protein structure prediction such as molecular dynamics, evolutionary coupling, sequence alignment, neural networks, protein-specific energy functions, etc.
- An excellent communicator and team player who has worked on collaborative projects combining expertise from various scientific discipline
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate to create and validate new technologies for the prediction of protein and protein-ligand interface structures with sufficient atomic-scale accuracy to drive structure-based drug design efforts
- Work with our drug discovery group to deploy new technologies to active projects
What you’ll need:
- PhD in computational chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, or a related field
- Peer-reviewed publications in the fields of protein structure prediction and/or homology modeling
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019.
We've been working remotely from across the world over the past few months because the health and safety of our employees is paramount. Nonetheless, we have kept Schrödinger's outstanding culture going through a series of online fitness classes, trivia nights, happy hours, and so much more.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.