We’re looking to hire an Applications Scientist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of our European Applications Science team, based in Mannheim, Germany, you’ll train and guide customers in their use of our groundbreaking molecular modeling suites and address challenging problems in drug discovery.
Who will love this job:
- A computer-aided design enthusiast (both in theory and application). Specifically, someone with solid experience in structure-based drug design
- An excellent communicator and presenter with superb organizational skills
- A dedicated scientist interested in advancing drug discovery research
- A creative person who enjoys helping others solve problems
- A self-motivated team player who manages his/her own time well
What you’ll do:
- Provide scientific support to current and prospective customers, which includes demonstrating the optimal use of our life science software suites, facilitating interactions between customers and product development teams, and providing general scientific guidance
- Engage in cutting edge scientific research and provide best practices for modeling automation to our customers
- Publish scientific papers and present at conferences
What you should have:
- PhD in computational chemistry, bioinformatics, or a related field
- Post-doctoral research and/or relevant experience in the commercial sector
- A solid understanding of the commercial drug discovery process
- Experience in one of the following is a plus: molecular dynamics simulations/enhanced sampling/free energy calculation methods, ligand-based drug design, chemoinformatics, quantum mechanics, and/or structural modeling
- Excellent English language skills (both verbal and written). French language skills would be considered a bonus.
- Python programming experience
- Willingness to travel
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.