Schrödinger, a technology leader specializing in software solutions for life science research and development, is looking for a Solutions Architect who will work directly with top-tier customers, scientists, and developers to deploy, configure, and tune the company's high-end suite of molecular modeling and informatics applications and related systems. This position involves maintaining Schrödinger’s internal scientific computing resources and presents an exciting opportunity to work with highly-skilled individuals within challenging software environments.
The ideal candidate is an excellent problem-solver, fast learner, and great communicator. This person should also have plenty of motivation to learn and the tenacity required to accomplish the team's mission. The position can be performed from the UK, Germany, or France.
- Ensure that our software performs optimally in the customer environment (ranging from smaller scale desktop environments to sophisticated HPC and cloud environments)
- Design and implement optimal deployment strategies and interfaces for integration into customer systems and technologies
- Work closely with our customers on the installation, configuration, and update/maintenance of on premises or cloud hosted installations
- Collaborate with product managers, scientists and developers to improve the deployment, support and configuration aspects of Schrödinger applications
- Partner with our global IT team to support and improve Schrödinger’s internal infrastructure
- In-depth understanding of the Linux system and very good experience with system administration tasks, including very good skills in at least one scripting language (e.g., bash, python)
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting abilities
- Great knowledge of technologies used in desktop and HPC environments (e.g. distributed resource management systems, high-performance interconnects, application deployment systems, networking)
- Experience with technologies commonly used in web-based applications (e.g., certificate management, reverse proxy configuration, SQL databases)
- Cloud computing experience with at least one major resource provider (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience with performance monitoring and investigation and analysis of performance issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel
- Fluency in English
- Experience in cheminformatics and/or organic chemistry
- Experience with research data management & IT environments in the pharmaceutical or other scientific industry
- GPGPU computing experience
- Advanced networking experience, e.g. DNS, routing, firewalls, proxies, VPCs, NAT gateways
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.