Mid - Senior Software Engineer (PHP)
SchoolMint is the leading Strategic Enrollment SaaS platform and we are driven by our mission to help educators create bright, more sustainable futures. We offer best-in-class products designed to help schools run attract-enroll-retain students and teachers. SchoolMint is a global organization with approximately 225 employees and has offices in New Orleans, Lafayette and San Jose, Costa Rica.
We are a fast-growing and established EdTech company rooted strongly in our core values: No Jerks, Period; We, Not Me; Be Heroic; Bring Your Whole Self to Work; Embrace and Drive Change. We take these seriously. At SchoolMint we live our values and are dedicated to delighting our customers with award-winning products and top-notch customer service.
The SchoolMint Engineering team is looking for a talented Mid - Senior Software Engineer to work with both the frontend and backend directly. The Software Engineer leads efforts, provides training and serves as a technical resource for other Developers. You are responsible for development, and maintenance of our public-facing products used by thousands of schools across the US. You will be documenting detailed system specifications, participation in maintenance of features for our production applications.
Back-end: PHP, Laravel, MySQL
Cloud infrastructure: AWS
Collaboration: GitHub and Bitbucket
What You Will Do:
- Write high-quality code and participate in design and code reviews to maintain development standards.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to translate high-level roadmap vision into feasible feature specifications and deliverables
- Generate and maintain software documentation
- Collaborate with team members to determine best practices and client requirements for software
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Professionally maintain all software and create updates regularly to address customer and project concerns
- Actively seek ways to improve business software processes and interactions
- 2-5 years of Full Stack Development experience developing software applications and working on large-scale software projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experienced in Agile product development processes
- Advanced knowledge of web application development, object-oriented programming, and relational database systems, and version control tools
- Expert knowledge of server-side technologies, such as: PHP, Laravel framework, MySQL
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly in a constantly-evolving environment.
Some Awesome Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employee Paid Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- PTO (15 days), Sick Days (5 days), Birthday Floating Holiday, Floating Holiday, Volunteer Day, and Company Observed Holidays
- 401k (with a 90-day waiting period)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Account (DCA)
- Commuter Benefits
- Educational Assistance Program
- Conferences and Meet-ups
- Professional Development