Education Software Sales Manager
SchoolMint is the leading SaaS platform driven by our mission to help educators create bright, more sustainable futures. We offer powerful products that help schools run smarter enrollment management and student behavior management.
We are a fast-growing and established EdTech company rooted strongly in our core values: No Jerks, Period; We, Not Me; Be Heroic; Bring Your Whole Self to Work; Embrace and Drive Change. We take these seriously. At SchoolMint we live what we preach and embody values that empower us to delight our customers with award-winning products and top-notch customer service
SchoolMint is actively searching for an Education Software Sales Manager. The primary goal of the Education Software Sales Manager is to help increase partnerships with Public School Districts and Charter Schools within a defined territory. The Education Software Sales Manager must have at least 2 years of quota-based B2B SaaS, EdTech sales experience or K-12 Classroom or Administrative experience, to work out of our growing New Orleans or Lafayette, LA office. The Education Software Sales Manager responsibilities will include leading the end-to-end sales process from prospecting to close.
The Education Software Sales Manager will be a compelling, articulate advocate of the value that SchoolMint provides to schools and families. This individual will be responsible for driving new business through presenting SchoolMint, “Positive Classroom” solutions using a consultative sales approach. In this role you will have the exciting opportunity to represent solutions that are making an impact by improving the climate and culture of educational organizations. The Education Software Sales Manager must be passionate about education and must possess a proven track record of working collaboratively to identify and penetrate major market opportunities.
What You Will Do:
- Stay abreast of “all things education,” including industry trends, state assessment initiatives, legislative policy, etc..
- Remain current on knowledge surrounding educator goals and needs, and properly position SchoolMint platforms as a solution for meeting those goals and needs.
- Manage the sales process from prospecting to negotiation, to the signing of the contract.
- Make a high volume of daily emails and phone calls to decision-makers.
- Conduct exemplary sales presentation, and product demos.
- Use, maintain and manage all opportunity data in Salesforce.com
- Become a credible resource to and develop trusted relationships with K-12 school administrators and decision-makers.
- Maintain up to date and extensive knowledge on all Hero K12 product offerings through participation in product demonstrations, meetings, and marketing materials. Effectively communicate SchoolMint value propositions to key decision-makers.
- Stay current on industry trends and maintain extensive knowledge of competitor’s product offerings.
- Create and refine prospecting and selling strategies and test key hypotheses in collaboration with the SchoolMint team.
- Maintain strong relationships with marketing and sales teams through clear communication and follow-up.
- Participate in projects teams as needed to support Sales and Marketing initiatives
- Represent SchoolMint at conferences, events, and other community engagement opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Business, Marketing and Communications
- 2+ years of quota-based B2B SaaS, EdTech sales experience or K-12 Classroom or Administrative experience. (Plus if you have experience in Instructional Coaching)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Prior experience with Salesforce.com CRM, or other CRM used to manage the sales pipeline, required.
- Must have experience working with account territories within a specific region or industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel amount of time is dependent upon location and territory(Post Covid)
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work independently, driving, inspiring and challenging the SchoolMint team and Customers
- Understand lead qualification and work with sales development reps to refine processes and accuracy through data-driven decisions.
- Methodically qualify, build, and manage an accurate sales funnel and pipeline
- Maintain a high volume of activity including outbound calls, emails, & social selling
Some Awesome Perks:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employee Paid Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- PTO (15 days), Sick Days (5 days), Birthday Floating Holiday, Floating Holiday, Volunteer Day, and Company Observed Holidays
- 401k (with a 90-day waiting period)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Account (DCA)
- Commuter Benefits
- Educational Assistance Program
- Conferences and Meet-ups
- Professional Development