The Customer Success team ensures that school districts, CMOs, and families have a happy and successful experience utilizing SchoolMint products. As a player-coach, the Manager, Customer Success will support a portfolio of enterprise customers (large districts & CMOs) and serve as a people manager mentor team members and advise clients to successful value realization of SchoolMint products. This role will report to our Director of Customer Success.
Customer Success Account Management
- Support a portfolio of enterprise clients as their strategic Customer Success Manager in using and fully adopting their SchoolMint software
- Provide coaching on the product, refining and growing their solution
- Ensure our clients realize their ROI of their SchoolMint technology
- Monitor customer health through data analysis of product use, support inquiries, NPS scoring and other health criteria
- Drive new business growth through advocacy and referrals
- Discover and create additional new opportunities within existing accounts
- Negotiate contractual terms with existing/renewing clients
- Accurately forecast monthly and quarterly renewals
- Develop a deep understanding of a client’s business requirements, challenges, SchoolMint solution and set-up to support annual academic milestones from updating applications to refining processes to working with internal data and technical resources to update student data.
- Serve as the primary interface with customers to manage and resolve any critical situations
- Lead annual retrospectives sharing compelling data around usage and growth and identifying actionable feedback
- Create, own, and execute end-user trainings & new feature demos
People & Process Management
- Motivate and create an environment where Customer Success Specialists thrive and delight customers
- Manage the day-to-day activities of our Customer Success Specialists, while leading the team’s continued professional development
- Must be comfortable working with a remote team.
- Act as a point of escalation for clients of Customer Success Specialists
- Set expectations on performance and give feedback to Customer Success Specialists. Manage out underperformers.
- Work with leadership on core process development and continuous improvement of Customer Success tools to support team scalability.
- Lead the adoption of SchoolMint’s Customer Success principles, standards and tools to drive successful customer interactions, including our Customer Success Platform
- Participate in the recruitment new Customer Success team members
- BA or BS degree or higher
- 3-5 years experience in customer success management role at a technology company
- 2-3 years of management experience
- Experience developing strategies to increase the adoption of technology solutions
- Passion for improving education
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills, with the ability to inspire others
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated ability to manage large, multi-stakeholder projects with exceptional results
- Self-driven, persistent, and assertive
- Enthusiastic lifelong learner
- Strong empathy for customers and passion for revenue and growth
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Technical aptitude with a solid understanding of technology and how a product works
- Experience with training and/or configuring SAAS software solutions
- Experience in a startup or technology environment
- Education field experience or operations experience working in a public school
- Knowledge of Pivotal Tracker, Totango, ZenDesk and/or Salesforce