We are looking for an experienced support leader to lead the day-to-day activities of our Customer Support Team, as well as grow and mature the existing support practice. You have experience leading, coaching, and motivating a team to deliver high quality, efficient, and empathetic customer service in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
The SchoolMint support team is the contact point and liaison for all of our education customers (districts, principals, admins and staff) as well as their families across three core product lines (Strategic Enrollment, Finder, Hero). Your team will be responsible for answering customers' how-to questions, troubleshooting urgent technical issues, and partnering with internal customer success and implementation colleagues.
What you will do:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of our Support Team, while leading the team’s continued professional development, growth and expansion. Must be comfortable working with a remote team.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, and onboard new Support teammates.
- Maintain high levels of customer service and commitment to SLAs.
- Evaluate, design and execute long-term and future plans for making our support better as our products, services, and client base continue to scale.
- Optimize Zendesk to drive reporting and analytics. You will develop and monitor data dashboards to provide a complete picture of the state of support volume and operations. You will proactively and clearly communicate these results to VP of Customer Success and the rest of the organization.
- Act as a point of escalation for complex customer questions, and you will organize cross-functional teams as needed to resolve any escalations.
- Use data to project needed headcount, improve existing processes, drive product recommendations, and scale operations.
- Build out and manage a data-driven staffing model for the team that aligns with operational/seasonal volumes and patterns.
- Own the training materials used to effectively onboard new Support teammates and to scale the team. Develop training/certifications for Tier 2 support reps.
- Deliver operational excellence through measuring, monitoring, and reporting on team goals and KPIs
- Partner with Product and Engineering Leads to ensure customer issues are being prioritized, ensuring streamlined resolution for our customers
- Build a proactive support platform to ensure our customers maximize the value of our Help Center with a focus on usability and new features that reduce the need for customers to contact support
- A problem solver with at least 7 to 10 years experience in software support, and a minimum of 5 years people management
- Experience managing a customer support operation
- Experience hiring, recruiting, growing, retaining, and scaling teams.
- Experience with email-based and phone support.
- Zendesk Wizard
- Comfortable working with a remote team
- Analytical and metrics-driven with a proven track record of making decisions based on data.
- Great technical understanding of complex products and systems.
- Ambitious, hardworking, execution-oriented, eager to get results and succeed.
- You keep a patient and positive attitude, even in the most challenging situations
- You are passionate about training, teaching, learning, and development
- You can guide a team through organizational strategic changes, new product releases, new customers, and more
- You understand detailed technical workflows and can troubleshoot issues
- You possess excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- You possess excellent documentation and process improvement skills
- Foreign language skills, especially Spanish, are a plus
- Education Technology and/or SAAS company experience
- A passion for Education!
- Work in a high growth tech company
- Work with and managing a global workforce