We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented associate to join our Asset Servicing team in our London office. The team is primarily responsible for corporate action processing and security master data integrity, although the role will surely expand as our firm grows. Given the dynamic nature of this position, you will interact with all areas of the firm including product management, technology, market data, risk, accounting, trading, middle office, as well as direct interaction with our Portfolio Managers. The candidate will initially focus on the front to back management of the Corporate Action lifecycle with a particular focus on supporting our Delta One business, however the longer-term mandate will include supporting our security master. The candidate should have preferably buy side experience. A demonstrable history of problem-solving skills, creativity, intellectual curiosity, and ability to both initiate and embrace change would be welcomed.
What you’ll do
- Corporate Action research and analysis - Providing value add detail which aides our PMs with their trading strategies.
- Collaboration - Working closely with our Portfolio Finance and Portfolio management teams, internal stakeholders and PBs
- Best in class operational support for our Foundational Platform with an emphasis on business and operational support for our PMs including our newly launched Delta One business.
- Corporate Action processing – Booking mandatory events, including stock splits, spinoffs, stock dividends, mergers, cash dividends and facilitating voluntary elections by engaging with PMs and managing election deadlines.
- Data integrity improvements - Help build out tools to monitor reference data, ensuring clean and accurate data is available for consumers. Participate in process improvements and projects to deliver firm initiatives and strategies that are scalable and efficient.
- Security Master maintenance - Data maintenance and an understanding of the various attributes of a security, including but not limited to market identifiers and OTC terms. Help to build out new products as the firm continues to expand, ensuring all downstream systems and teams can capture the required data.
- Being a senior presence on the team, which includes engaging with key stakeholders throughout the firm and embracing the challenges which come with being an important part of a key foundational team
What you’ll bring
What you need:
- A bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or related degree.
- Experience in Asset Servicing Operations; buy-side experience preferred.
- Strong Corporate Action knowledge and demonstratable experience of the workflow
- Broad base product knowledge across a wide array of product types including listed equities, futures, options and various OTC products
- Strong excel skills and the ability to learn new systems rapidly.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in sensitive matters.
- Experience with process automation/enhancements and strong technical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ownership and a track record of delivering results.
- The ability to perform and own multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail.
- Positive mindset and the ability to work effectively in a global team.
We’d love if you had:
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, Reuters, SQL, Python and Excel /VBA
- Experience working in a multi-strategy, multi-PM complex fund structure
- Experience where you improved a long-standing process or delivered efficiency
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a global multi-strategy, multi-manager investment platform that harnesses the transformative power of people to perform in all market environments. Our dynamic culture inspires better outcomes for our team, our investors, and our partners. We aim to consistently deliver risk-adjusted returns, with people driving performance.
We specialize in four core strategies: Quantitative Trading, Fundamental Equity, Tactical Trading, and Discretionary Macro & Fixed Income. We capitalize on inefficiencies and opportunities within the markets, drawing from a significant investment in proprietary technology, infrastructure, and risk analytics.
We invest through internal portfolio managers and external partner funds, pursuing alignment among investors, investment professionals, and the firm. Our footprint spans 7 countries and 19 offices.
Talent is our strategy. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority. We are teamwork-oriented, collaborative, and encourage ideas—at all levels—to be shared. As an organization committed to investing in our people, we provide learning & educational offerings and opportunities to make an impact.
We foster a sense of belonging among all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. Our employees value diversity across identity, thought, people and perspective which serves as the foundation of our culture. As a firm, we are committed to creating a hiring process that is fair, welcoming and supportive.