Collateral and FX Management Associate
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to work as an associate on our Treasury Team in the Collateral & FX Management group. The Treasury team is responsible for all aspects of financing functions across the firm’s investment activities including but not limited to collateral optimization and balance allocations, counterparty relationships, counterparty legal agreement negotiations, counterparty risk management, cash reinvestment strategies and FX exposure management for the firm. The team plays a very central role at the firm and works extremely closely with both the investment and infrastructure sides of the firm’s businesses.
What you’ll do
This candidate will report to the Head of Collateral and FX Management and work closely with other members of the Treasury team with a focus on our Delta 1 strategy. The candidate will help design and implement systems and processes for communication exchange between the Treasury & Delta 1 team to ensure we are making the most informed trading decisions and optimizing portfolio construction. Working with the team on designing and maintaining strategic tools for cash usage and collateral optimization from a central firm perspective will be part of the mandate along with significant interaction with Portfolio Managers in terms of day-to-day activities and decision making across the firm.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist Collateral & FX Management team with the integration of capital utilization & allocation tools and modeling
- Create a process for relevant data & information dissemination between the Treasury team and the Delta 1 team, other Schonfeld Portfolio Managers, and numerous internal Schonfeld stakeholders
- Act as the primary liaison responsible for communication and information exchange between Schonfeld
- Collateral & FX Management function & Schonfeld Delta 1 business
- Calibrate models to understand and identify the impact of asset allocation for margin – deliver information along with providing suggestions on how to enhance
- Work with the team to identify and execute investment opportunities based on arbitrages between regulations impacting bank’s capital requirements while minimizing the risk associated with these trades
- Assist in negotiating and drafting Trading/Credit agreements
- Analyze capital/ resource allocations to Portfolio Managers to help inform and understand their true return
What you’ll bring
What you need:
- A bachelor's degree in Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 3 - 7 years industry experience preferably on a Treasury, Funding, Delta 1 desk on either the sell side or buy side
- General financial product and industry knowledge and a passion for markets
- Strong ownership and a track record of delivering results
- The ability to carry multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You enjoy working with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do
We’d love if you had:
- Experience with Prime Finance Risk/ Financial Resources in Equities or Fixed Income
- An understanding of Delta 1 trading strategies
- Experience with general purpose programming languages (Python, C++, Java, etc)
- Experience with KDB/ Q
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a global multi-strategy, multi-manager investment platform that harnesses the transformative power of people to perform in all market environments. Our dynamic culture inspires better outcomes for our team, our investors, and our partners. We aim to consistently deliver risk-adjusted returns, with people driving performance.
We specialize in four core strategies: Quantitative Trading, Fundamental Equity, Tactical Trading, and Discretionary Macro & Fixed Income. We capitalize on inefficiencies and opportunities within the markets, drawing from a significant investment in proprietary technology, infrastructure, and risk analytics.
We invest through internal portfolio managers and external partner funds, pursuing alignment among investors, investment professionals, and the firm. Our footprint spans 7 countries and 19 offices.
Talent is our strategy. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority. We are teamwork-oriented, collaborative, and encourage ideas—at all levels—to be shared. As an organization committed to investing in our people, we provide learning & educational offerings and opportunities to make an impact.
We foster a sense of belonging among all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. Our employees value diversity across identity, thought, people and perspective which serves as the foundation of our culture. As a firm, we are committed to creating a hiring process that is fair, welcoming and supportive.