We are seeking a highly analytical, detail-oriented professional to join the team as an Accounts Payable Analyst at Schonfeld in our Hong Kong office. You will be working with an experienced Finance team to implement best in class Accounting policies and procedures. You will have a keen attention to detail, a data integrity mindset and be someone who thrives off learning new skills and challenging yourself. You will be a natural team player who can use their strong interpersonal skills to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication.
What you’ll do
The individual will work very closely with other back office team members to assist with day to day Accounting duties.
Some of the key responsibilities are:
- Analyze and allocate expenses across the firm
- Responsible for tagging expenses to investment professionals and ensuring accuracy with other departments
- Utilize OCR to assess and create purchase invoices in accounting system and allocate across various functions
- In charge of analyzing and recording all expenses from business credit cards and out-of-pocket reimbursements
- Management of fixed assets; team liaison with the IT department
- Enter payment approval into the system and determine when invoices are due for payment
- Answer vendor queries
- Continuously improve processes to enable the business to scale and maintain a strong internal control environment on the payables process
- Ensure necessary documentation received for invoice payment
- Integral part of the month-end close, ensure all expenses are booked and accrued for to meet financial deadlines
- Initiate vendor payments through the bank's online platform
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist in gathering necessary backup support documentation for GST reporting, request GST invoice revisions as necessary, ensure that GST accounting accounts are correct and reconciled with relevant data
What you’ll bring
What you need:
- Working experiencer in Accounting or an Accounts Payable role
- Strong computer skills in MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills and great analytical capacity
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to interact and interface with all levels of management (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Take ownership of your work and deliver it to a high standard
We’d love if you had:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Business Administration or equivalent
- Experience using Workday
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a global multi-strategy, multi-manager investment platform that harnesses the transformative power of people to perform in all market environments. Our dynamic culture inspires better outcomes for our team, our investors, and our partners. We aim to consistently deliver risk-adjusted returns, with people driving performance.
We specialize in four core strategies: Quantitative Trading, Fundamental Equity, Tactical Trading, and Discretionary Macro & Fixed Income. We capitalize on inefficiencies and opportunities within the markets, drawing from a significant investment in proprietary technology, infrastructure, and risk analytics.
We invest through internal portfolio managers and external partner funds, pursuing alignment among investors, investment professionals, and the firm. Our footprint spans 7 countries and 19 offices.
Talent is our strategy. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority. We are teamwork-oriented, collaborative, and encourage ideas—at all levels—to be shared. As an organization committed to investing in our people, we provide learning & educational offerings and opportunities to make an impact.
We foster a sense of belonging among all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. Our employees value diversity across identity, thought, people and perspective which serves as the foundation of our culture. As a firm, we are committed to creating a hiring process that is fair, welcoming and supportive.