We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented associate to join our Asset Servicing team in our New York City or New Jersey office. The team is primarily responsible for security master data integrity and corporate action processing, although the role will surely expand as our firm grows. Given the dynamic nature of this position and the Asset Servicing team in general, you will interact with all areas of the firm including product management, technology, market data, risk, accounting, trading, portfolio finance, middle office, and our internal and external Portfolio Managers. Although the candidate will initially be focused on corporate action processing and security master data maintenance, the position will undoubtedly evolve into a more robust position such as onboarding new strategies and products, as well as other broader Asset Servicing team mandates. The candidate will ideally have a few years dealing with referential data at a financial firm. In lieu of direct experience in this area, a strong display and history of problem-solving skills, creativity, intellectual curiosity, and ability to both initiate and embrace change would be welcomed.
What you’ll do
The role is primarily focused on security master operational support, referential data maintenance & integrity, and corporate action processing / break resolution. Successful completion of these tasks require attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Corporate Action Processing - including all mandatory events, including stock splits, spinoffs, stock dividends, mergers, cash dividends, and facilitating voluntary elections by engaging with PMs and managing election deadlines.
- Security Master Maintenance - data maintenance and an understanding of the various attributes of a security across all asset classes, including but not limited to market identifiers and OTC terms. Support the build out of new products as the firm continues to expand, ensuring all downstream systems and teams can capture the required data.
- Data Integrity Improvements - help build out tools to monitor reference data and strive to achieve the highest levels of data integrity that will ultimately be leveraged firmwide. Participate in process improvements and project initiatives to deliver firm initiatives and strategies that are scalable and efficient.
- Position breaks resolution – including reconciling, prioritizing, and resolving cash & position breaks related to corporate actions in a timely manner across PBs and our third-party administrators.
- Historical Security Master onboarding – work with product, technology, and third-party vendors to create a link between our current security master and historical data – over time continue to monitor and maintain the lineage and accuracy of this data
What you’ll bring
What you need:
- A bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or related degree.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in Reference Data or Operations at a hedge fund or hedge fund administrator; buy-side experience preferred.
- Broad based product knowledge across a wide array of product types including listed equities, futures, options, and various OTC products.
- Strong excel skills and the ability to learn new systems rapidly.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in sensitive matters.
- Experience with process automation/enhancements and strong technical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ownership and a track record of delivering results.
- The ability to carry multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail.
- Positive mindset and ability to work effectively in a global team.
We’d love if you had:
- Experience with corporate action processing.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, Reuters, SQL, Python, ExcelVBA, Power BI is a plus.
- Experience working in a multi-strategy, multi-PM complex fund structure.
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a global multi-strategy, multi-manager investment platform that harnesses the transformative power of people to perform in all market environments. Our dynamic culture inspires better outcomes for our team, our investors, and our partners. We aim to consistently deliver risk-adjusted returns, with people driving performance.
We specialize in four core strategies: Quantitative Trading, Fundamental Equity, Tactical Trading, and Discretionary Macro & Fixed Income. We capitalize on inefficiencies and opportunities within the markets, drawing from a significant investment in proprietary technology, infrastructure, and risk analytics.
We invest through internal portfolio managers and external partner funds, pursuing alignment among investors, investment professionals, and the firm. Our footprint spans 7 countries and 19 offices.
Talent is our strategy. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority. We are teamwork-oriented, collaborative, and encourage ideas—at all levels—to be shared. As an organization committed to investing in our people, we provide learning & educational offerings and opportunities to make an impact.
We foster a sense of belonging among all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. Our employees value diversity across identity, thought, people and perspective which serves as the foundation of our culture. As a firm, we are committed to creating a hiring process that is fair, welcoming and supportive.
The base pay for this role is expected to be between $90,000 and $105,000. The expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation such as a performance bonus and a competitive benefits package. Actual compensation for the successful candidate will be determined based on a variety of factors such as skills, qualifications, and experience.